Calgary, Alta. (March 21, 2017) – Alpine Canada is pleased to announce and congratulate the winners of the 2017 Canadian Ski Racing Awards, presented by Helly Hansen, recognizing outstanding performance and contributions in the sport of Canadian ski racing. The Selection Committee (available here), has chosen the following athletes, individuals and organizations as this year’s recipients:
- Alpine Athletes of the Year: Erik Guay & Valérie Grenier
- Para-Alpine Athletes of the Year: Mac Marcoux (Guide: Jack Leitch), Alana Ramsay
- Ski Cross Athletes of the Year: Brady Leman & Marielle Thompson
- Coach of the Year (senior) – Stanley Hayer (Canada Ski Cross)
- Coach of the Year (grassroots) – Jenn Warren (Craigleith Ski Club)
- Volunteer of the Year – Andy Wolff (Vorlage Ski Club)
- Club of the Year – Club de Ski Bromont (Quebec)
- Resort of the Year – Nakiska Resort (Alberta)
- Builder of the Year – Bruce Goldsmid (BC Alpine)
- Minogue Award of Excellence – Ned Ireland (Canada Ski Cross Team)
Winners will be honoured at the 2017 Sports Experts National Championships in Mont-Tremblant, Quebec on Saturday, March 25, 2017.
“Over the past month, 10,000 Canadians voted for their favourite Alpine Canada athlete,” said Mark Rubinstein, Alpine Canada President and CEO. “We are proud to recognize our athletes, coaches, volunteers and other key contributors to the sport of ski racing.”
ABOUT ALPINE CANADA
Alpine Canada is the national governing body for alpine, para-alpine and ski cross racing in Canada. With the support of valued corporate partners along with the Government of Canada, Own the Podium and the Canadian Olympic Committee, Alpine Canada develops Olympic, Paralympic, world championship and World Cup medallists to stimulate visibility, inspiration and growth in the ski community.