2023_24 ALPINE & SKI CROSS NOR-AM SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED WITH SEVEN EVENTS ACROSS CANADA
Calgary, Alta. (October 12, 2023) — Alpine Canada today announced that the Nor-Am Cup, the leading feeder series in North America for FIS World Cup racing, will have seven events in Canada across two disciplines, alpine and ski cross. Resorts from Quebec to British Columbia will host a total of 28 Nor-Am starts, including the Nor-Am Cup Finals in alpine at Panorama, BC and in ski cross at Nakiska, AB.
Highlights of the season include:
- Racing at Tremblant on the heels of the women’s World Cup giant slalom races there in early December.
- Following on Canada’s strong results at the FIS Alpine Junior World Ski Championships, held in Panorama in 2022, the Alpine Nor-Am Finals return to Panorama where racing will determine the athletes who earn World Cup spots for the 24_25 season.
- Ski cross kicks off their Nor-Am season at Nakiska, AB at Canada’s national ski cross training centre.
- Canada will have home snow advantage to close out the season with ski cross Nor-Am Finals at Nakiska.
“Nor-Am races are such an important step in developing as a skier in North America,” said Cassidy Gray of Canada’s national ski team and 2023 Nor-Am giant slalom overall champion. “It’s a great opportunity to race and to test yourself against your peers from across Canada and the US. Panorama is one of my favourite spots in the world to race and it truly provides world class conditions for racing. I know that my home hill will deliver an amazing Nor-Am Finals!”
“Hosting two races at our training centre here in Nakiska is a great home terrain advantage for Canada as we work to secure the Nor-Am title for the 2023-2024 season” says Emeline Bennett, FIS Ski Cross Junior World Champion and starting her first season on Canada’s National Ski Team. “And it’s really cool for our community to have the two races at home.”
Canada’s Nor-Am Cup Race Calendar:
- December 7-10, 2023: Nakiska, AB, men and women ski cross
- December 13-16 2023: Mont Tremblant, QC, women’s slalom and giant slalom
- February 24 & 25, 2024: Devils Glen, ON, women’s slalom
- February 26-27, 2024: Georgian Peaks, ON, women’s giant slalom
- February 26-29, 2024: Mont Ste. Marie, QC, men’s slalom and giant slalom
- March 26-31, 2024: Nakiska, AB, Ski Cross Nor-Am Finals men and women
- April 1-11, 2024: Panorama, BC, Alpine Nor-Am Cup Finals for men and women in downhill, super-G, giant slalom and slalom
The Nor-Am Cup is one of six Continental Cups (Europe, Australian, and New Zealand, South America, Far East). The Nor-Am Cup is a FIS series of events hosted in the U.S. and Canada and is considered a steppingstone to the World Cup circuit.
Follow Canada’s Ski Team this season on Alpine Canada’s website, across our social media accounts and subscribe to our newsletter.
For more information or media inquiries please contact:
403 777 3204
About Alpine Canada
Alpine Canada is the governing body for alpine, para-alpine, and ski cross racing in Canada, as well as for Canadian ski coaches, providing education, certification, insurance, and compliance with the coaching code of conduct. With the support of valued corporate partners and donors, along with the Government of Canada, Own the Podium, the Canadian Olympic Committee, and the Coaching Association of Canada, Alpine Canada develops Olympic, Paralympic, World Championship, and World Cup athletes to stimulate visibility, inspiration, and growth in the ski community.