Winners announced for Audi 2020 Canadian Ski Racing Awards Presented by Helly Hansen
Calgary, Alta. (May 13, 2020) – Canadian ski racing fans had their say with thousands submitting nominations and marking their ballot for the Audi 2020 Canadian Ski Racing Awards presented by Helly Hansen, which closed on April 17.
The annual awards recognize the best in Canadian ski racing performances and contributions over the past season. All votes and nominations were tallied and reviewed by the Audi Canadian Ski Racing Awards’ Selection Committee. The committee, made up of volunteers from across the ski racing world, ensured that the selection process was fair, engaging, and productive. This year’s recipients are:
- Alpine Male Athlete of the Year: Erik Read
- Alpine Female Athlete of the Year: Laurence St-Germain
- Para-Alpine Male Athlete of the Year: Mac Marcoux
- Para-Alpine Male Athlete of the Year Honourable Mention: Alexis Guimond
- Para-Alpine Female Athlete of the Year: Mollie Jepsen
- Ski Cross Male Athlete of the Year: Kevin Drury
- Ski Cross Female Athlete of the Year: Marielle Thompson
- Ski Cross Female Athlete of the Year Honourable mention: Courtney Hoffos
- Helly Hansen Volunteer of the Year Award: Henry Voss
- Nancy Greene Builder Award: Hugh MacNaught
- Helly Hansen Resort of the Year: Bromont, montagne d’expériences
- Club of the Year: Georgian Peaks
- Coach of the Year (high-performance): Johnny Kucera
- Coach of the Year (grassroots): Conrad Pridy
- Minogue Award of Excellence: Cameron Alexander
“We’re extremely proud of all the athletes who competed this past winter,” said Damien Etchaubard, Director of Marketing for Helly Hansen Canada. “These awards celebrate the people who make ski racing possible and Helly Hansen is proud to support such amazing athletes, volunteers, and ski areas. We hope these awards motivate all the professionals and aspiring pros to keep following their dreams and to work hard in making them a reality.”
This year’s Volunteer of the Year Award has been awarded to Henry Voss of Vancouver B.C.
“No event, large or small, can happen without the tremendous efforts of Volunteers. Helly Hansen is proud to support the volunteers who make skiing and ski racing possible and congratulates Henry Voss on the exceptional effort put into last season,” said Etchaubard.
The recipients of the Audi 2020 Canadian Ski Racing Awards presented by Helly Hansen will be part of Alpine Canada’s 2020-21 Season Launch Event and will be presented in Toronto this fall.
For more information or media inquiries please contact:
Whitney Hunter I Manager of Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org I 403-471-6032
ABOUT ALPINE CANADA
Alpine Canada is the governing body for alpine, para-alpine and ski cross racing in Canada, as well as for Canadian ski coaches, providing education, certification, insurance, and compliance with the coaching code of conduct. With the support of valued corporate partners and donors, along with the Government of Canada, Own the Podium, the Canadian Olympic Committee and the Coaching Association of Canada, Alpine Canada develops Olympic, Paralympic, World Championship and World Cup athletes to stimulate visibility, inspiration, and growth in the ski community. In 2020, Alpine Canada celebrates 100 years of rich tradition in competitive skiing in Canada.